- bauhaus provided development management services on student accommodation schemes for the Jarvis Group between 2000 and 2003.
- bauhaus held a JV partnership on a 20,000 sq ft office refurbishment scheme in Clerkenwell, completed and sold in 2005.
- bauhaus held a partnership with Ministry of Sound for an 11,000 sq ft office scheme in Hammersmith, completed and sold in 2006.
- bauhaus performed an outsource service contract with Genesis Housing Group from 2005 until 2011, to develop and sell or lease their commercial property portfolio.
- bauhaus developed the commercial element, some 45,000 sq ft, of a large mixed-use scheme in West London for Genesis Housing Group.
- bauhaus arranged and managed the reconstruction and refurbishment of a large residential building in Kensington for the owners.
- bauhaus provided a development solution for a complex property investment situation and refurbished a 12,000 sq ft television studio building for the market, in Primrose Hill, London, for a New York bank.
- bauhaus provides asset management, project management and development services to Hammersmith United Charities, across their portfolio of commercial and residential buildings.
- bauhaus is advising a client on a business relocation in 2015 and the residential development opportunity of their West London holdings.
- bauhaus is advising a client on the purchase, refurbishment and fitting out of a warehouse near Heathrow.
- bauhaus is managing the development of an new office development for a client in Chiswick, London.
With a Bsc Degree in Surveying from The University of Westminster, Michael became a Chartered Surveyor and worked for Land Securities from 1985 to 1999, he was responsible for over 1.5M sq ft of office development involving over eighty leasing negotiations, together with 1.5M square feet of retail and industrial development. Seven years experience as project manager and development surveyor, followed by four years in marketing and leasing and the following three years as acquisition and development manager for Central London, reporting directly to the Board; managed projects and deal highlights are as follows;
- Ontario House SW1, let to Japanese industrial giant, Tomen (UK) Ltd.
- Ling House EC3, let to solicitor, Simmons & Simmons.
- Gracechurch House EC3, let to insurance group, Willis Coroon.
- Cannon Street House EC3, let to solicitor, Nicholson Graham & Jones.
- 40 Strand WC2, multi let, including 40 000 sq ft to Bain & Co.
- Theobalds Court WC1, pre-let to Warner Bros. and solicitor Nabarro Nathanson. At 350 000 sq ft, this was one of the largest off plan deals in the market.
- Turnstile House WC1, 100,000 sq ft conversion to an apart - hotel pre-let to ORION, a Paris based hotel group.
- The refurbishment and covering of two large tenanted shopping centres at Halesowen in Birmingham and Salford in Manchester.
- Forward funding of and direct development of a number of industrial and pre-let retail warehouse schemes around Britain.
Michael left Land Securities in 1999 and started bauhaus.